Friday, January 11, 2008

The Winter Blahs

It's winter. Not the fun snowy winter of Christmas shows, but the oh-so-blah-and-grey winter of only 9 hours of rainy daylight in the Pacific Northwest. Sigh. It's given me the blahs. I don't even feel like crafting! No knitting progress to share (because I'm not doing any knitting). Can't work up the enthusiasm to make progress on the auction quilt either (even though it's due Feb 1st). Haven't gotten far on the"year of organization" idea that Colin and I had either (Cyndy's progress all last year was making us envious) - although we do have a nice new whiteboard/corkboard/calendar in the kitchen now.

Add on to the regular blahs a kiddo who's been sick on & off and wailing at school drop-offs and you get the picture of an exciting time at our house lately. Max is now on a bland food diet for a week, trying to stabilize his tummy and get it to digest foods correctly again, then off milk and cheese for another 2 weeks. Hmm, what can I make out of noodles, rice, or potatoes for dinner tonight? I'm exploring casseroles...

Hey, at least we have clean carpets now (finally used the coupon we bought at last year's auction) - and Max sure enjoyed taking everything out of his room & the office and putting it all back in.

Quick note to sis Lisa: Thinking about you today. Hope surgery went well. Love you!

2 comments:

annzy said...

wow a couple of hundred miles away and in the same place. I hope things go well with the kiddo and and he perks back up soon.

boisegrammy said...

I always felt the way you do now in February. It seemed like someone in the house had been sick forever and it was cold and gray outside. Feb. might be the shortest month, but to me it seemed the longest. Maybe you are precocious in Seattle and it all happens a little earlier. I do hope M is feeling well soon.