Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gingerbread, Snow, and Project Pix

Last night, we made a Gingerbread house (cheating, with a kit). Max really enjoyed himself.


Some snaps of Teri's backpack (hope she got it! FedEx couldn't seem to figure out where her house is. I'm relying on the fact that she never gets near her computer to not spoil the surprise ;-).

I'm rather pleased at how it turned out. Not bad for no pattern. And much better on my second attempt! (It had gotten really big & shapeless, so I frogged and tried again with a more defined round bottom and fewer stitches).

And we had some snow back in early December. Here's the snowman Max & I made with the inch or so of snow (pretty much actual size ;-).


Here's a photo for scale. It was really a snowball snowman.


A quick peek at a few of the assortment of Christmas cards.


There. Enough photos for you Lucy?

4 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Just enough photos to keep me happy. I love the picture of the snowman. It's so tiny and cute. The gingerbread house was always a highlight of the Christmas season for us. Mom was really good at those. I know -- no surprise.

annzy said...

I love the snowman ~it seemed so much bigger.

Jo said...

Agree, love the snowman. Teri is going to love the backpack. The cards are wonderful. (Love the crop-a-dile.) I wonder why we never made gingerbread houses as kids, hmmmm....probably the mess.

Enjoy your time off.

Orange said...

Cute! I love the backpack. Very creative. The snowman is awesome! We made one like that last year (not from lack of snow, we were just cold) Max looks like he's having a ton of fun. My boys are very excited to see him. M hasn't seen him since I don't know when. Maybe 2 years ago?