Saturday, August 4, 2007

Yay, it's cute!

But don't put anything too heavy in there, or with pointy edges, or sharp (like knitting needles ;-). This thing STRETCHES! With elastic in the yarn, it's no wonder. Oh, and someone please show me how to do a kitchener stitch with combined knitting? I suck at grafting. Yicky - don't look at the handle joins, okay?


Specs:
Yarn: Skacel's Schulana SuperCotton
Pattern: Elisa's Nest Tote
Needles: US size 11 circular (for bag), US size 8 double-pointed needles (for handle)
Modifications: yarn substitution, that's about it. Might be the first pattern I used pretty much as is!

4 comments:

annzy said...

Yay ~you're right it is cute!
It makes me wish I could finish a project.

Lucy van Pelt said...

That turned out wonderful! Nona will have to eat her words now. It's not ugly AT ALL.

Jo said...

Cute Sam!

Orange said...

good job, and there really are so many uses for a stretchy bag, you'd be surprised!