Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Quick hat for Lisa

I wanted to send something soft and comforting over to my sis Lisa, so I knitted her a hat out of this wonderful bamboo yarn. Soooo soft. Very smooth, silky, light, and cool to the touch. Here's me in an extremely goofy and rather disturbing picture (that's what I get for trying self-portrait in the bathroom), modeling the hat before I packed it up and sent it off. Loved it so much, I'm making another for myself!

Specs:

  • Yarn: Royal Bamboo in color #47
  • Pattern: Head Huggers Lace-edged women's cap
  • Needles: US size 6
  • Modifications - none to the pattern, but given that I was knitting in the round, I had to modify how I knit. No combination knitting when knitting in the round. It was funny, because my knitting really loosened up from normal - must be all the non-twisting I was doing. I originally knit the Medium, but when it was too big for me, I tried again with the Small. Much better!

4 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

And I got one too! Yay for me! That yarn really is the most amazing warm, soft stuff. Whoever thought it up should get a prize. Thanks so much for giving one to me too.

annzy said...

What ~LVP got one? I have been itching to try a hat, but first I have to finish the sweater I started in January ~I am truly jealous of your speed.

Sam said...

Yep, Lucy was lucky enough to have a head that fit the first one ;-).

Jo said...

Love the picture! (ha, ha) The hat is fantastic. I know Lisa loves it. You just want to reach out and touch to see how soft it is.