Saturday, May 12, 2007

Jo Jo is Blocking

I'm so excited! Jo Jo is finally blocking. I was knitting so quickly when I started, and then I slowed way down, so this took 5 hours to knit 1/3 of the front and a month and a half to knit the rest. Ah well, life gets in the way of the knitting sometimes. Here's Jo Jo blocking with a little help from Max.


And here's a closeup of the cables. This yarn (Rowan Summer Tweed) is fun, and I didn't have trouble working with it, although as others have reported it really doesn't have much give and definitely is full of straw and other vegetable matter. I fell in love the over-saturated color, but after doing the swatch I knew I'd better wash it out well before attempting to wear anything knitted with it. I put the knitted piece into the sink to wash and the water turned majenta! I think I rinsed it about a dozen times, and finally got down to a very pale rose color. Since I'm planning to wear this with a white shirt underneath, I think it was worth the trouble.

And just an aside - Max loves his PJs so much lately that that's all he'll wear. I can talk him into adding overalls, socks, and boots when we go outside, but inside, it's all PJs all the time. Here he is mid-morning today in the dino-jams that cousins Ethan & Fiona sent when Max had his tonsils and adenoids out.

3 comments:

Orange said...

I hear ya. I think my boys have more PJ's than clothes for this very reason. Also, I have no qualms with taking them to the store or library in PJ's, so I'm probably just making it worse!

Lucy van Pelt said...

You may think the sweater took a while, but it seems from my perspective that it was really quick. (Of course, I only ever tried to knit one project and it never even got finished.) I love Max's hand on the ribbing for perspective.

annzy said...

I think he takes after Pops ~that man loves to wear his PJ's with overall on top of them on a Saturday when he doesn't have to do anything but mess around in the yard ~I don't think he sports this look for the in-laws.