Monday, May 21, 2007

Jo Jo done, ballgame

First, the finishing! Got Jo Jo all put together, and washed it a bunch more (maybe too much! It got a wee bit stretched out) and wore it! I think it's okay, but I definitely need to work on fit. The straps are too long (even after I frogged back and shortened them before blocking) and the body is a little loose. Funny thing about cotton/silk. No give while you're working with it, but the fabric sure stretches when you wear it. Hmm. Still love the color, and still love the cables. Not sure this was worth the price tag if you just go by the finished product, but I enjoyed working on it. Not too bad for a learning project, I suppose. Maybe it'll grow on me. It has potential for over a top, under a jacket wear. Definitely can't be on its own.

Specs:

  • Yarn: Rowan's Summer Tweed: Smoulder
  • Pattern: Rowan's JoJo
  • Needles: US size 8
  • Modifications: yarn substitution, some short row shaping for the bust, adjustments to length & width given that the pattern didn't come in my size.

Next on the needles, one of those felted bags. Oh, and I made two little rice packs for boo-boos, and sewed one more circle for my circle quilt. Been busy!

In other news, this weekend Max went to his first Mariner's game. Here he is with Dad.

Max enjoyed the hot dogs, red vines, fries, and cotton candy (my oh my!) and covered his ears whenever people cheered a hit or run. His favorite part might have been watching the trains in the train yard on the way there & back though. We'll work on the game comprehension too - not sure he understood anything that was going on. Ah well, fun for all!

4 comments:

annzy said...

the food is one of my favorite parts of the game too~
oh and the sweater is too cute ~man i need to knit faster

Lucy van Pelt said...

JoJo turned out cute. The color really is fabulous. I love that Max enjoyed the trains more than the game, but I think the game will grow on him too. I can't wait for my first game so I can eat garlic fries!

CardsbyJo said...

Love JoJo and the shirt you wore with it! (Like the name too.) I can just picture Max at the ballgame and he will start to enjoy the game, eventually (it's an age thing)

Orange said...

Isn't that always the way with these things?! We took our boys to the drive-in movie and the best part was the popcorn, took them to the zoo, and they wanted to play on the playground instead of look at animals, etc, etc, etc...