Friday, April 27, 2007

All I wanna do...

Is start new projects! And, I'm pretty sure this falls under the obsession theme...I want to start working on them and have them done. NOW!

Project obsession: A felted bag. Not just any, although the cute ruffly ones are fun. But I want a big kahuna of a bag I can put my knitting stuff into, natch. Like this KnitPicks Farmer's Market Tote with Needle Felting (gosh, have to learn both felting AND needle-felting) or the Oregon tote (love the orange version). I'd probably better start with something smaller, but I really want a great big bag! I ordered some brown, blue, and cinnamony wool from KnitPicks for one of these. And while I wait, I used leftover yarn from my wool scarves to knit up a little square that could maybe be a coaster after felting. We'll see. I have yet to get it into the washer, even though I knit it up on Wednesday.

Project requests: Max wants me to knit him a sweater now. He wants to knit one for himself too. His fingers aren't quite coordinated enough yet to knit though (we tried a bit, with me holding his hands in position) and he certainly doesn't have the ability to stick to a project yet, so I think that'll wait a few years, eh? I'd better find something cute to make for him.

Projects waiting: Also, I got my 24 balls of Debblie Bliss Alpaca Silk in Berry, and now they're sitting, waiting for Jo Jo to complete, and probably for a felted bag too, because it's not the right season for a cable cardigan now.

Other ideas:

  • Maybe I should just sew up some little ice packs like my friend Kris had - just little squares of fabric with dried corn or beans in them - throw them in the freezer to have on hand for bumps & bruises - cold, but soft and not too bumpy.
  • Or how about a needle case for all of my needles? There's a ton of fun patterns, like this one.
  • Or I could get busy and finish up my circle quilt. It's the right time to work with pink and orange fabrics again. Just wish I could find some lightweight blue ticking fabric for the back. It won't be right unless I have that.

I guess that's how you collect a stash (or stashes!), because when I am I going to get to all of this? I still haven't finished Jo Jo, even though I'm getting much closer. Almost at the armholes for the back. Sigh.

1 comment:

Lucy van Pelt said...

You'll have your hands full getting to all that! I'm hoping Mom will help me get along with some of my projects this weekend, but we haven't made any progress in my first 24 hours in Boise. Hmmm... My stash grows, too.