Monday, February 16, 2009

Pondering Happiness

I followed a link from Slate to The Happiness Project. Intriguing. More than resolutions, but a list of priorities and principles to create a happier you. Haven't read/absorbed it all yet, but I thought I'd share some of the things that came to mind when pondering this.

What'd be on my "Happiness Project" list:
  • Choose consciously
  • Choose health - eat the fruit, go for the walk, bring back yoga
  • Be the mom/take responsibility
  • Make time for the things you love to do
  • Make time for the people you love
  • Embrace meal planning

There must be more, but that's my short list for today. What would you put on your list?

2 comments:

Fussy Faddist said...

Much of what you wrote I would also include. Pretty good list. Might have to check ou the web address.

Stacia said...

So funny - was just hearing about this on NPR as I drove over to pick up the kids today, and then was (belatedly) checking out posts...and you wrote about it already! :-)

I'm going to have to check it out. The thing that I remember her talking about the small things bringing joy instead of just the big things that we're always "waiting for:" the promotion, etc. And vice versa, I expect (small things can also be majorly negative!).

Interesting stuff...