Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Finally, some finished objects

For your viewing pleasure, some things I finally finished near the end of 2008.

Gathered Pullover


Specs:

  • Yarn: Knit Pick's Telemark in Colonial Blue
  • Pattern: Gathered Pullover from Interweave Knits
  • Needles: size 7, circulars and dpns
  • Modifications: Lengthened the sleeves a bit, skipped the yarn overs in a row across the bust for obvious reasons.

Started in Feb '08, finished December 30th, 2008 (whew! Less than a year :-). Very wearable. Slightly scratchy - dang wool.

Elisa's Nest Tote for Ann

Specs:

  • Yarn: Knit Pick's CotLin in Morrocan Red (Ann's signature color!)
  • Pattern: Elisa's Nest Tote from The Purl Bee
  • Needles: I forget - size 9? 10? Who knows
  • Modifications: none but my occasional mistake

Pattern is still fun the second time and doesn't take too long, although I stretched out working on it over months. Was fun to make for Ann in red.

Morningside Neckwarmer for Colin

Late-minute Christmas idea for Colin. Sadly, kept screwing up, so it didn't make it by Christmas, even though it's only 1 ball's worth o' knitting. Sigh. The pattern's only two rows of just a few stitches, repeated all the way in the round, no purls or anything. So, I really impressed myself when I realized that I'd managed to flip the stiches inside out halfway through. Jeez.

Specs:

3 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

That sweater is beautiful! I love the color and the pattern is so cute.

annzy said...

The sweater is amazing! And I love my bag, I used it at the market the other day and it fits so much stuff into it ~the bagger was really impressed. ~oh and it is a fabulous shade of red.

Jo said...

The sweater is fantastic and looks great on you! The color is perfect for you. Love the bag and Colin's 'scarf' also.