Monday, July 28, 2008

Lunch - Bento style

About a year ago, I saw cute Bento-style lunches for kids on the Kid Eats Flickr pool and they looked like so much fun! Then I wandered across Lunchinabox and CookingCute and an obsession started to form. Must do bento lunches!

Online shopping from Ichiban Kan USA plus a couple of eBay orders from Japan, and I had the equipment I needed.


I now present to you...Max's lunches for summer camp, Bento style:

Ham & cheese skewers, corn muffins, apples, and strawberries.
Dinosaur PB&J, cheesy crackers, cherries, raisins, carrots, & snap peas.
Bologna rolls, cheese stick, crackers, carrots, snap peas, cherries, granola bar, raisins.
Chicken salad, crackers, canned green beans, cherries, snap peas, raisins.
Tillamook cheddar hearts, hot dog octopusses, ketchup, crackers, cherries, carrots, snap peas, raisins.
More hotdog octopusses (octopii?), ketchup, bun, cherries.


I've also been doing my own lunches and snacks, when I have appropriate leftovers or did weekend shopping, in the Happy Orange/Blue Balloon and plain clear bento sets that Colin got me from the local Japanese dollar store, Daiso. He's an enabler :-). Better stop before it takes over the house!

4 comments:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Those are by far the cutest lunches I've ever seen. The boxes are fantastic, but your creativity in making the lunches surpases even the design on the boxes.

Jo said...

Wow Sam, I want you to make my lunches! Very cute boxes, but way healthy lunches and fun shapes, etc for Max.

boisegrammy said...

O.K., so I don't like Japanese food, so wouldn't want the typical Bento Box fare, but those lunches look dee-licious. I think anyone would eat whatever is in those cute little boxes.

Lisa B said...

I've never heard of Bento...and could easily get hooked! It ev en makes me want to eat my veggies!